Our Rents Team have put together their top money saving tips for you to try out
Increasing your income
- Make sure you are getting your full entitlement to any benefits
- Can you increase your income through overtime at work?
- Can you increase your income by getting extra help for any children from ex partners?
Energy saving tips
- switch your energy supplier and obtain cheaper gas and electricity
- Monitor your gas and electricity consumption by taking regular meter readings
- Turning your thermostat down by 1 degree could cut heating bills by 10%
- Reduce the temperature of the water cylinder thermostat
Save money when cooking
- Use the lids on pans so that you can turn the heat down
- Simmer food rather than a rolling boil
- Use a steamer or segmented pan to cook 3 or 4 veggies at once
- Boil only the amount of water you need when using a kettle
- Cooking with a microwave oven uses 80% less electricity than a conventional oven