Gas and electric servicing

As your landlord we have a legal requirement to do a gas safety check in your home every year. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is known as the 'invisible killer', you can't see and you can't smell it. If you don't have your gas boiler serviced every year, you could unwittingly be filling your home with its deadly poison.

Exposure to even relatively low levels of of CO can cause brain damage or death. CO can be produced when a gas appliance has not been correctly installed or maintained, or if a flue or chimney has become blocked. When CO is inhaled, it prevents oxygen from being absorbed into the blood and could ultimately be fatal.

Every year around 30 people in Britain are killed as a result of accidental CO poisoning, but this could be prevented. By law, gas appliances in Teign Housing properties must be checked at least once a year to ensure they are working safely. Our gas contractor is Gas Safe Registered to comply with legal requirements for testing.