We are currently looking for a Labourer to join our successful Voids and Reactive Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot. You will cover the Teignbridge area, with use of a company van, providing excellent cleaning and general labouring duties.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
• Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
• The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
• 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Travel allowance
• Pension contributions
• Industry sick pay
• Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business. We have excellent examples in business where labourer’s have progressed internally.
• Access to an employee assistance programme to support employees health and wellbeing
Duties and responsibilities of a Labourer:
• Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
• Undertaking clearances of residential properties, tenanted and void (empty property) properties
• Completing mould wash treatments of walls and damp properties
• Category B Asbestos Removal and Management
• Cleaning and tidying of the working areas
Expectations of a successfully appointed Labourer:
• Previous experience of removal of Category B Asbestos, as well as having completed the training would be preferred.
• Previous experience working as a Labourer in a repairs and maintenance environment, is desirable although not essential.
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong commitment to retaining these standards at all times.
• Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
• Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team targets
• Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Labourer role, with use of a company van.
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of working in partnership within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works, Compliance and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
Invest the time in us by viewing www.templerhomebuild.co.uk and we look forward to investing in you.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf