Location: Based in Newton Abbot
• Competitive salary plus Performance Reward Salary Bonus
• Company Car Scheme with competitive fuel allowance
• Employee contribution pension scheme and
• 23 days holiday (rising to 25) with the option to buy and sell
• Life Insurance and Medical Insurance
As a Contracts Manager, you will bring a versatile management style that will support you in refurbishment/ planned projects. While making effective decisions, you will be accountable for collaborating with your team of direct operatives and subcontractors through hands-on management- we want someone who will LEAD by example, demonstrate DRIVE and EMPOWER their team to deliver quality within target.
We would describe the opportunity we offer our Contracts Managers as working within a pro-active, fun, team orientated environment. You are given the unique combination of flexibility and “on the spot” decision making, while being required to follow process throughout. We create a customer centric environment, and you will be supporting your team to do the same.
Who’s right for the job?
• Delivering high levels of customer/ client satisfaction, you will develop and maintain lasting relationships with our client.
• Ensuring appropriate health and safety measures are in place.
• Leading on 121 meetings with the client, resolving any issues and working in partnership.
• Recruiting, inducting and developing site based teams including trade staff, apprentices and subcontractors
• Implementing project plans for new sites and collaborating with your team to ensure the delivery of the work is on time and to the best quality
• Managing productivity and issuing targets before work starts
• Instiling our policies, procedures and Business Management systems within your team, to ensure effective productivity.
• Identifying cost and progress variance, taking action if needed
• Maintaining effective reporting procedures for programming and control purposes
Skills crucial to the role:
• Relevant experience as a Contracts Manager or in a similar role
• Demonstrable ability to manage, motivate and influence workforce behaviours
• Experience of managing client and contract KPIs to a consistently high level
• Sound knowledge of current HSE legislation and experience of ensuring site compliance.
• The ability to plan and manage the delivery of contracts
• A sound working knowledge of CDM and Health and Safety requirements
• Potentially, experience of working with social housing, local authority clients or larger Commercial organisations, but not essential
• An understanding of cost and risk management
To apply, please send your CV, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org