Templer HomeBuild are a subsidiary contractor within our social housing client who deliver Response/ Voids, planned works, Heating/ Compliance and Cyclical Painting works. This is a unique and large contract that integrates us into a collaborative and open partnership, working as one team. As a Contract Manager within the planned workstreams, you will have full operational responsibility to continue to impact and achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
We have an agreed contract spanning up to 15 years promoting job stability for our employees and the team is fully supported by Ian Williams in its systems, procedures, and processes.
Our Contracts Manager will support the business in offering our employees a great place to work; providing them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential. Acknowledging our trades importance and our commitment and investment to direct delivery is paramount therefore we seek to like-minded individuals to share in this vision.
• A realistic and achievable performance reward scheme, we want you to feel challenged, but we want you to succeed
• Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
• Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
• 23 days annual leave; buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
• We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns are considered.
• Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
The Contracts Manager role:
You’ll be responsible for managing values up to approximately £3 million covering; Kitchen & Bathrooms, External Redecoration, Roofing, and small refurbishment projects for Teign Housing’s properties.
• As part of an established team you will be incentivising and motivating directly employed labour whilst on occasion engaging and managing Sub Contractors for specialist works too
• You will instil ownership and responsibility in your teams to support the successful delivery of the planned works to the expected standards, on time and to budget.
• You’ll ensure and enforce Health and Safety measures are in place and monitored.
• You will build relationships both internally with all teams and with Teign Housing. We encourage commercial and operational teams to work very closely together to ensure the successful delivery of this contract.
• You’ll see the benefit in managing your own time so that you can visit site regularly to maintain productivity and you will be in the office to ensure procedures and reports are up to date too.
What will you bring?
• Relevant experience of Contract Management in a similar role ideally within the social housing sector although we encourage applications from other backgrounds too
• Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour and subcontractors, including development and performance management of a direct team
• A trade background (all trades considered to NVQ level 2 or equivalent) preferred but not essential
• A sound working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements. An SMSTS preferred but not essential
• The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and employees, essential
• An understanding of cost and risk management
Additional benefits include:
• Annual pay reviews
• Medical insurance and life insurance
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Training and development opportunities
• Specsavers vouchers
• For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our next Contract Manager, then please visit www.templerhomebuild.co.uk to apply.
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.