Multi Trade Operative
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Multi Trade Operative to join our successful Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbott, which specialises in voids/repairs and maintenance.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
• Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
• The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
• 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Pension contributions
• Industry sick pay
• Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
Duties and responsibilities of the Multi Trade Operative:
• Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbott and surrounding areas
• Day to day work focused on reactive response, minor works and void works, undertaking mainly Carpentry, Plumbing and Plastering work, as well as some Tiling and Decorating.
• Customer facing role
Expectations of the successfully appointed Multi Trade Operative:
• Qualified to an NVQ 2 level or equivalent in either Joinery, Plumbing, or Plastering, or similar professional body
• Able to carry out additional duties of a Multi Trade Operative, including Joinery, Plumbing, Plastering, as well as Tiling or Flooring as an added bonus.
• Having the Asbestos Awareness certificate would be preferable, although not essential
• Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
• Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
• Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
• Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Multi Trade Operative role, with use of a company van.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of working in partnership within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.