Location: Based in Newton Abbot
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with an excellent fuel allowance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 5 years service) with opportunity to buy and sell up to 2 days each year
- Up to 7% Employers Pension Contribution,
- Life Insurance & Medical Insurance (single cover)
Templer HomeBuild are a subsidiary contractor within our client who deliver Response/ Voids, Planned works, Heating/ Compliance and Cyclical Painting works. This is a unique and large contract that integrates us nicely into a collaborative and open partnership with our long-lasting social housing client. As a secure subsidiary business backed up in our functions and processes by Ian Williams, we have an agreed contract spanning across 15 years.
We firmly believe that our success will be maintained if we continue to ensure a solid commercial team and by offering our employees a great place to work and the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
As a Quantity Surveyor within our response arm we specifically seek a commercially strong and financially focused surveyor who enjoys the technical aspects of a Surveying role. You will be working with various pricing mechanisms including Architype rates, PPP, SORs and material and labour rates.
Your Key Responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and ultimately make profit.
- Working with direct labour and subcontractor, you will ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and our client
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations (CVRs)
You’ll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial or surveying role; we are open to considering various job titles that incorporate transferable commercial and financial responsibilities and welcome anyone with proven experience of response
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts (primarily reactive/responsive works)
- Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills
- Ability to process high volumes of data analysis
- Experience of working with direct labour and sub contract procurement
- The passion for business and making profit, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus paid annually
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies (Ian Williams Ltd), delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
To Apply: Please send CV to email@example.com