Mutual exchange

Mutual exchange, also known as exchange by way of assignment, allows you to swap your home with another tenant either locally or somewhere else in the UK. It is carried out using a deed of assignment, which may have implications on your future Right to Buy. There are certain qualifying criteria which must be met, including that all parties rent accounts should be up-to-date at the time the assignment takes place.

You must get our permission to assign your tenancy.

To find other social housing tenants in the UK who are also looking to swap their home, you can join Homeswapper. It is free for all Teign Housing tenants to join, simply go to

For more information please download the mutual exchange information leaflet from the download section or contact the Neighbourhood Services Team on 01626 322739 or e-mail:


Application Form

Do you want to swap your home with another Teign Housing tenant, or a tenant from another housing association or local council? If so,
fi ll in this form and send it to Teign Housing, Templar house, Collett Way, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 4PH, or e-mail it to:

If you need any help with filling in this form, please call Jolene Hibble on 01626 322744