Devon Home Choice

If you would like to move into a Teign Housing home, you must register with Devon Home Choice directly. You can learn more about Devon Home Choice and apply online on their website


Click here to read our Getting ready to move house document

Swap your home / Mutual Exchange

You can also move by swapping your home with another social housing tenant in the UK.

You can do this via one of two ways: Mutual Exchange or Homeswapper.

If you wish to swap home through Mutual Exchange, please download our Mutual Exchange Application Form and return this to us. You also need to complete this Budget Planner and return it to us with your application form.

Alternatively, you can join Homeswapper. It is free for all Teign Housing tenants to join, simply go to

Void Re-Let Standard

We will provide a property which is in a good standard of repair, decoration and cleanliness at each new letting. This standard has been agreed in consultation with our Staff, Tenants and other stakeholders. You can view the Teign Housing Void Re-Let Standard to see what you can expect.

Housing for older people and those with disabilities

We have groups of homes that are specifically for people who are over the age of 55 and would benefit from the service of an Independent Living Advisor and a 24 hour community alarm service. An Independent Living Advisor can offer help such as:

  • Liaising with outside services and agencies
  • Housing related support (e.g. filling in forms)
  • Encouraging social activities
  • Responding to emergencies


If you are thinking of downsizing, to find out more about how we can help and for an informal chat call 01626 322722 or e-mail: You will be under no obligation to move.  Please remember, you will need to register on Devon Home Choice.