The Local Authority has the responsibility to provide aids and adaptations within the respective areas however Teign Housing offers a service to our customers as we are committed to supporting people with disabilities and other needs to live independently in their homes. We can do this by modifying or adapting your home, or by requesting assistive equipment, but we can also help you to move to a more suitable property or may be able to provide you with other help and assistance specific to your needs.


For example, we can install grab rails and handrails, lever taps, level access showers, widen paths and install ramps, stair-lifts and specialist smoke alarms for sight and hearing disabilities.


Some adaptations we may refer to the Social Care system and we work with other Occupational Therapists and Local Authorities to deliver larger or specialist alterations in some cases.


We are fairly unique in that we employ our own Occupational Therapist, this allows us to offer a quicker and more responsive service to you.  Our Occupational Therapist will assist you and work closely with our surveyors to advise how any adaptation can best meet your needs. If you would like us to consider adapting your home, or to find out more about our aids and adaptations service please e-mail: or call 01626 322722


You can download our Aids and adaptations form by clicking here.

Mobility Scooters

If you are considering purchasing a mobility scooter please read the guidance on this page and complete the mobility scooter application form before purchasing your scooter. You must have permission from Teign Housing if you want to store your scooter in a communal area. Teign Housing do not provide scooter storage facilities or improve access just for mobility scooters to individual properties but may help with the installation of a safe charging point where possible.

Please download a copy of the Mobility Scooter Highway Code (Please do not reproduce this document without the express permission of the publishers, Escape to Design Limited, 029 2089 1986.

Mobility Scooter Application Form

Guidance document

Mobility highway code