Home contents insurance

Teign Housing can help our tenants obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a scheme called Crystal arranged in conjuction with Thistle Insurance and designed specifically for social housing it means tenants can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

The insurance covers the personal possessions you have in your home in incidences such as burglary, fire, and flood damage. It will cover things such as:

  • jewellery
  • clothes
  • furniture
  • white goods
  • electrical items such as televisions, CD players, computers etc
  • Lost Keys
  • Broken Windows (only if you have the accidental damage premium)

Your belongings are not insured by Teign Housing. If you are a leaseholder, we insure the building, but you will need to find your own contents insurance.

To protect your belongings from as little as £1.54 a fortnight contact Crystal Insurance on 0845 601 7007 or 01628 586187.

Key Points to Remember about the policy:

  • Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options
  • No fuss, quick and easy to apply either through the post or over  the telephone
  • No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
  • Covers theft, water damage  and fire
  • Covers damage to internal Decorations
  • Covers accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins
  • Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
  • Covers lost or stolen keys and freezer contents
  • You don’t need to have special door or window locks
  • All postcodes are included
  • Fixed premiums that don’t increase if you make a claim

If you would like more information please contact Teign Housing on 01626 322722 or look at the leaflet on the righ-hand side