Coronavirus: updating you on our services during the third lockdown
Thank you for continuing to work with us during these exceptional times. Our teams are working hard to continue business as usual as much as is possible. We thank you for your cooperation.
The country has entered a further lockdown period which is expected to last until at least mid-February while the COVID-19 vaccine is rolled out to the most vulnerable groups. I wanted to update you on what that means for our services.
Throughout this pandemic our priority has been your wellbeing and that of our staff and this will continue as the weeks and months move on.
The guidance issued by the Government as at 4th January 2021 is that the services provided by housing associations such as Teign Housing should not be changed by the latest lockdown restrictions.
This means that the following will apply to our services:
- At the beginning of the pandemic we formed a recovery planning team. This team continues to meet at least fortnightly to review the Government advice and to ensure our services continue to operate in line with official guidance.
- Our head office remains fully closed to the public and we cannot accept any visitors or deliveries at this time. You can continue to contact us via My Teign Account, by calling us on 01626 322722 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like many of you, some of our staff are working while looking after children at this time. If you use the internet, it’ll help us and customers who don’t have online access. You can email, use webchat or even better use your My Teign Account to contact us, including to report repairs. If you’ve not registered for this free online portal, you’ll find information on how to do it on our website.
- Our community rooms remain closed to residents and the public, though you may see staff occasionally accessing them to use essential facilities.
- Essential services in and around your home continue. We are taking bookings for, and carrying out, routine repairs. These will be completed in line with government guidance. If you have a routine repair booked and would prefer to cancel you are welcome to do so but please let us know as soon as possible so we have more time for other residents. If you would prefer to book a routine repair appointment for after the lockdown you can also do so by contacting us. We have steps in place if we visit your home, so your household and our team members are safe. You can view these in a short film available here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrrj48CGPw It is important that you keep your distance from our staff while in your home and please wear a face covering. If you are worried about a visit, please call us, we are happy to talk through our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and approach so you can make an informed decision. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms or are self-isolating, it’s important you let us know so we can reschedule your visit and keep our staff safe.
- We continue to carry out safety testing of gas supplies and appliances and electrical systems, which is essential to maintain the safety of you and your home, so please provide our engineers with access to complete this vital work.
- The only services we have paused are estate inspections and home visits for reasons other than repairs. Our repairs and maintenance staff will keep an eye on our estates for health and safety concerns. You can also report these to us. We are making welfare calls to our most vulnerable residents and carrying out our tenancy support work remotely. We will make home visits in cases where a resident is at immediate risk.
- We continue to carry out regular servicing and maintenance of safety related systems in communal areas of our properties, for example, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and passenger lifts.
- Our winter grounds maintenance programme continues, again following all of the government’s current guidance on safe working.
- Our construction contractors are continuing to work, building new homes and completing regeneration activity. We are completing planned repairs such as the replacements of kitchens and bathrooms.
- We continue to let our empty properties to those waiting for a new home. Our lettings service is now mainly delivered on-line to ensure everyone’s safety.
- You still owe rent during this time. Please contact us on 01626 322722 if you have any concerns about your ability to pay rent or would like to discuss the types of benefits that you may be entitled to.
We will also continue to keep an eye on residents we know may be isolated or at more risk of COVID-19 and ask that all our communities support us in this by considering others.
If an unexpected visitor knocks on your door claiming to be from Teign Housing, Templer HomeBuild or someone offering you a service, please check their identification before letting them in. All staff carry photo ID badges, or you can phone us to double check. Genuine people will always be happy to wait whilst you check.
The situation can change rapidly, so this information is correct as of 12 January 2021. Our website www.teignhousing.co.uk and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/teignhousing will be updated more often.
If you have any questions about this update, you can call us on 01626 322722 or email us at email@example.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.