Templer HomeBuild has a new opportunity for an Operations Administrator to join its dedicated maintenance and refurbishment team in Newton Abbot.
Working across the various compliance, repairs, refurbishment, and planned works workstreams you will provide essential admin-based support to our Contracts Managers and the wider team to help maintain and improve a smooth and efficient operational delivery.
We’re looking for someone with excellent IT and communication skills, a flair for detail, accuracy and following things through to completion, along with the confidence and keenness to learn, develop into this role long-term. Sound like you?
Templer HomeBuild can offer an agile working (a blend between home and office working).
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
Templer HomeBuild is a unique asset management business, benefiting from integrated systems, procedures, and long-term partnerships with two large, successful, and supportive organisations: Teign Housing and Ian Williams.
The Administrator role:
Your main responsibility will be to aid the operational teams through completing routine and ad hoc administrative and office related duties.
Specific tasks will include:
- Creating and issuing bespoke letters & templates to communicate with residents. For example, sending out key information relating to upcoming works due to be completed in their area, progress updates on live works, and compliance, printing and sending of Gas Safety certificates to all residents following annual gas servicing.
- Accurate Health and Safety reporting/ filing for the operational team. You will provide and collate weekly/monthly performance reports to support the operational team.
- Updating the housing system with stock condition surveys and completions to ensure up to date and compliant records
- Issuing of task orders to sub-contractors and material purchases
- Raising/completing work orders on contracts. General database administration.
- Assisting with any office/administrative related based tasks that will support your team.
What will you bring to the Administrator role?
- Previous experience of working successfully to support a team by providing key administrative, communication and organisational tasks. If you have worked within a housing, construction or maintenance sector previously this would be advantageous but not essential. We will consider and welcome any transferrable/relatable sector background.
- Excellent IT skills to include MS office suite (outlook, word, excel- basic). The ability to mail merge would be very advantageous.
- Excellent written literacy skills (can write letters professionally) with strong communication and rapport building skills. You will genuinely enjoy being the go-to person for admin support in the office.
- You’ll be proactive and thorough, organised, and methodical. We seek someone who enjoys following processes and gains genuine satisfaction from being efficient, accurate and following things through to completion.
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website.
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.
To apply for this position, please apply directly through the Templer HomeBuild recruitment site by following this link: https://www.templerhomebuild.co.uk/jobs/operations-support-administrator/