Templer Homebuild are currently looking for a qualified and experienced Test & Inspect Electrician to join our high performing compliance team in Newton Abbot.
You will specialise in electrical testing works for Teign Housing, working within properties located in Teignbridge, covering from Teignmouth to the edge of Dartmoor (Ashburton, Buckfastleigh and Mortonhampstead). We want to hear from likeminded individuals who truly care about improving people’s safety, homes, and lives.
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
• Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
• The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
• 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Company van & fuel card
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns, and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Electrician role:
• Complete scheduled electrical testing works within tenanted properties and communal residential areas, throughout Teignbridge.
• Undertake occasional partial rewires and installation works within Void (untenanted) residential properties.
• Assist with day-to-day reactive response team on repairs and maintenance work on occasion, when testing work is low or you’re unable to enter the property.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills whilst working in a customer facing environment, in occupied properties.
What will you bring as an Electrician?
• Qualified to an NVQ level 3 as an Electrician, or similar professional body (eg. City & Guilds), with an 18th Edition certificate, which is essential
• Qualified specifically with the Test and Inspect qualification, essential.
• Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Electrician role, with use of a company van and fuel card
Additional benefits include:
• Pension contributions
• Industry sick pay
• Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
• Funding towards job relevant qualifications
• Preferred company supplier trade discounts
• Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our Electrician, then visit www.templerhomebuild.co.uk to apply
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.