Templer Homebuild seek a Foreperson to work within its Planned works team to support the operational delivery of our essential upgrading works to Teign Housing properties. As part of an established and friendly direct and subcontractor workforce, you will be supporting the delivery of our refurbishment services, ensuring the work is conducted safely, professionally and to the required standards, always.
We want to hear from likeminded individuals who truly care about improving people’s homes and someone who can lead by example.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild:
- Please be aware you will be paid weekly, guaranteed 39 hour working week, ensuring we offer stability in your finances, and we also complete annual pay reviews
- Travel and Fare allowance
- Uniform and PPE provided, no charge
- 30 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Life Insurance, covering you on and off-site, financed by Templer Homebuild
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme to support your health and wellbeing, including free legal and financial advice.
The Foreperson Role:
- Day to day running of the planned works, schemes will include but are not limited to Kitchen and bathroom upgrades, re-roofing, external decorations, EWI and warm washing works. You will be responsible for supervising up to 16 directly employed trade operatives and subcontractors, working within Social Housing properties across the Teignbridge area
- The daily management of team productivity and regular reporting/updating of this and job completion information to the Contracts Manager
- Health and Safety reporting. You will complete on site welfare checks including monitoring safe ways of working, PPE, tool/equipment inspections.
- Delivery of regular toolbox talks
- Pre work inspections, set-ups and post inspections of work completed
- Handling customer complaints whilst aiming for first time resolutions wherever possible
What will you bring as a Foreperson?
- Qualified to an NVQ level 2 or similar professional body, in a core trade, preferred.
- Good IT skills with the confidence in using Microsoft outlook & basic excel as well as inhouse IT systems OR the willingness to learn with training and support
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with a professional attitude towards work
- An asbestos awareness and SSSTS OR SMSTS certificate, preferred
- The ability, and prior experience, to ‘lead by example’ and incentivize an experienced directly employed trade workforce. You will be taking responsibility and handling the day-to-day operational queries and decisions
- Planned maintenance experience from within a social housing environment would be very advantageous
- The possession of a full current UK Driving Licence, which is essential to undertake the Foreperson role, with use of a company van and fuel card.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Regular training and performance reviews, with funding towards job relevant qualifications, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants’ details for recruitment purposes only. For more information, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.
To apply, please follow this link: https://careers.ianwilliams.co.uk/job/334650