- Location Newton Abbot
- Employment Permanent
- Salary Guaranteed Weekly Earnings plus benefits package
Templer Homebuild are looking for an experienced Multi Trade Carpenter to join our successful planned works Team in Newton Abbot. You will be responsible for Carpentry Planned works such as Kitchen & Bathroom Fitting as well as some Plumbing, Plastering and other Carpentry needs may be required. You will be working as part of a driven and high achieving directly employed team, and will work within occupied, residential properties across the Teignbridge area.
You will be supported by a skilled Labourer and will be incentivised by an achievable weekly, productivity based bonus scheme.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity-based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Company Van provided
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Multi Carpenter role:
- Undertake all aspects of residential kitchen fitting and plumbing whilst also being able to adapt to complete carpentry, patch plastering, and tiling works in a domestic setting
- You will be working within domestic and residential properties fitting kitchens, some bathrooms; therefore, you will enjoy interacting with the residents, offering outstanding customer service
- Health and Safety will be critical to you, ensuring you are considering yours, your colleagues and the residents’ safety, always.
- To achieve your bonus successfully, you will ensure you are successfully achieving weekly productivity targets. Your work will be scheduled for you; however, we encourage you to be proactive and efficient to achieve your output targets. Financial incentives can we given, based upon productivity as reward for this.
What will you bring as a Multi Carpenter?
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body, in Plumbing and/or Carpentry/Plastering & equivalent.
- To be able to undertake all multi trade work and kitchen fitting, some bathrooms to a high professional standard, in a domestic setting. We particularly seek plumbing, carpentry/joinery and tiling skills. Experience in planned works & all trades.
- Social housing experience is desirable
- Good awareness of Health & Safety
- Asbestos awareness
- The ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, with use of a company van which is essential to undertake the role of Multi Carpenter.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you have what it takes to become our Multi Carpenter, then click here now!
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.