- Location Newton Abbot
- Employment Permanent
- Salary Guaranteed Weekly Earnings plus benefits package
Templer Homebuild are looking for a skilled Painter & Decorator to join their successful planned maintenance team in Newton Abbot. You will be responsible for a variety of planned residential internal and external works. You will be part of a driven and high achieving directly employed team, and will work within occupied, residential properties across the Teignbridge area.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity-based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Painter and Decorator role:
- You will be completing Planned internal and/or external works within public environments, including Social Housing.
- While you will be working on public sites, you will also enjoy customer interaction and be able to show excellent customer service and professionalism in the workplace. You will contribute to a positive team working environment and ensuring our customers feel safe and comfortable in your company.
- Health and Safety is at the forefront of all you do, considering yourself, the team and the customers around you at all times.
What will you bring as a Painter and Decorator:
- Qualified to an NVQ Level 2 in Painting, or similar professional body, is desirable or demonstrating time served.
- Valid DBS Check
- Proven experience in a similar role, social housing experience desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Possession of a full current UK Driving license is essential with use of your own vehicle.
- Social housing experience is desirable
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our Painter & Decorator, then click here now! https://careers.ianwilliams.co.uk/job/277088
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.