Providing first line IT and digital support for Teign Housing’s IT Helpdesk. The successful candidate will be involved in assisting the front line enquiries for Teign Housing, and providing on hand support through a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Teign Housing is a successful social landlord employing over 90 ambitious, committed people, responsible for managing more than 3,700 homes across South Devon.
About the IT Apprenticeship role
Ensuring an effective digital operational support function is maintained. This involves:
- Provide first line IT and digital support for Teign Housing’s IT Helpdesk. Organising and carrying out the work necessary to provide an effective digital service desk support service
- To ensure that digital systems run at optimum performance
- Maintain and enhance the company’s use of the Microsoft 365 suite of products
- Manage user access accounts so that staff are able to perform their required functions, whilst maintaining strict security
- Provision of support services for digital equipment
- Production of reports, procedures and user guides as required and maintaining IT and digital records
- Provide assistance in the procurement of appropriate digital hardware and software to provide an effective service
- Maintenance of an accurate register of ICT and digital assets
- Provide input in the specific digital technical aspects of the Business Continuity Plan
- Undertake necessary actions to ensure that the IT and digital infrastructure is secure and compliant with all relevant legislation
- Assist on the design and implementation of Teign Housing’s web site
- Assist with the maintenance of Teign Housing’s customer portal and app
- Co-ordinate and liaise with third parties supporting Teign Housing’s IT and digital systems
- Maintain knowledge of emerging digital technologies
- Take responsibility for own Health & Safety and not to put others at risk
- To follow all guidance, policies and procedures associated with health and safety and ensure any risk assessments for this role have been read and understood
- To comply with all health and safety legislation and regulations associated with the role. If in doubt, contact the Health and Safety Team for help and support
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be provided with in house training as well as 1 taught session per week from South Devon College.
After this, you will receive a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Diploma.
Functional skills if required.
We are an Investor in People Platinum organisation, so you will be joining a company that creates a supportive high-performance culture. You can also expect to enjoy an excellent benefits package, including:
• Flexible working with time based at home
• Training and development opportunities
• 25 days’ leave plus bank holidays and discretionary leave between Christmas and New Year
• Pension scheme
• Free parking
• Employee Assistance Programme
To take on this exciting challenge, please complete the online application form or send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can apply directly to the training provider, South Devon College, by completing your application via the online Government apprenticeship portal by following this link: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000122218
Job Description & Person Specification:
Teign Housing is committed to its policy on equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Registered charity no. 1112196.