The more you put in, the more our residents will get out of life.
Teign Housing is a successful social landlord employing over 90 ambitious, committed people, responsible for managing more than 3,700 homes across South Devon. Going the extra mile to transform our residents’ lives, you will proactively identify the level of support they require to maintain their tenancies and co-ordinate service delivery with social care and community mental health practitioners.
About the Head Start Advisor (Housing and Mental Wellbeing) role
• Every day will bring different challenges as you deliver specialist support, acting as advocate and specialist support provider for the customer to sustain their tenancy and working in partnership with frontline housing advisors and other external mental health specialists to address matters involving mental health and wellbeing, including social isolation. You will also act as the in-house ‘expert adviser’ and help coach colleagues.
• You’ll have honest and sometimes difficult conversations with your customers that will enable them to make more informed choices and better equip them to deal with life’s challenges. Whether it’s about changing behaviour to help the customer manage their tenancy better or prevent issues of anti-social behaviour, getting into work, being better with money, a healthier lifestyle or improving skills – having coaching conversations is the essential ingredient
• You will build productive links with community resources and voluntary agencies, draft goal plans and assist residents with budgeting, money management, benefit claims, life skills and digital access whilst constantly reviewing your caseload. In short, you will be the catalyst that enables our tenants to pay their bills, protect their health, build new friendships and maximise their independence whilst remaining in the homes they love.
• Professionally qualified in Mental Health Practice, you will be experienced in providing support to vulnerable people with complex needs and helping to shape policies and practices.
• You’re curious and don’t shy away from having difficult conversations
• You see the best in people and have the capacity to coach and support
• You’re tenacious and resilient – doing what it takes to achieve the right outcome
• You have a track record of being self-motivated, flexible and able to manage your own workload
• You’re a strong positive contributor even when the going gets tough
• You have experience of housing and tenancy issues inc. mental health, care leavers, money advice, welfare benefits and reforms or skills coaching
• You have a reputation for first rate influencing, negotiating and relationship building skills.
We are an Investor in People Platinum organisation, so you will be joining a company that creates a supportive high-performance culture. You can also expect to enjoy an excellent benefits package, including:
• Flexible working with time based at home
• Training opportunities
• 25 days’ leave plus bank holidays and discretionary leave between Christmas and New Year
• Pension scheme
• Free parking
• Employee Assistance Programme
• And much more
We will interview suitable candidates upon receipt of application and reserve the right to close the vacancy early. Please apply without delay to avoid disappointment by sending your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our online application form.
Job Description: Head Start Coordinator (Housing and Mental Wellbeing) JD (Sept 21)
Person Specification: Head Start Coordinator (Housing and Mental Wellbeing) Person Spec (June 2021)
Teign Housing is committed to its policy on equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Registered charity no. 1112196.